2018 DATES & LOCATIONS
- Tuesday, June 5th - Lake Barkley Resort Lodge, Cadiz
- Thursday, June 7th - RiverPark Center, Owensboro
- Tuesday, June 12th - Barren River Lake Resort Lodge, Lucas
- Thursday, June 14th - Gheens Foundation Lodge at Beckley Creek Park, Louisville
- Monday, June 18th - Pine Mountain State Park, Pineville
- Tuesday, June 19th - Morehead State University, Morehead
- Thursday, June 21st - Spindletop Hall, Lexington
The workshops will highlight a variety of state and national agricultural lessons designed to address Kentucky’s core competences. These thematic lessons and materials will enhance learning retention and help you teach Mathematics, Social Studies, English, and Science through real-life application.
A total of six hours of professional development and/or EILA credit may be earned depending on school district approval. Educators and pre-service teachers will be inspired by our featured presenters. This year’s workshops will highlight several agricultural lessons that are designed to broaden your students’ educational experiences and deepen their desire to learn. Whether you are a first-time attendee or a past participant, we have something for you. Each year we strive to share fresh ideas that will aid your efforts as you incorporate agriculture in your classroom.
The workshop registration fee has been waived for all Kentucky educators, compliments of Kentucky Farm Bureau. Please be aware that availability is limited; therefore, early registration is encouraged. Please register by the Friday, June 1st deadline.
Should you have any questions regarding these educational opportunities, please feel free to contact Scott Christmas at (502) 495-5000, extension 7221, or at Scott.Christmas@kyfb.com.