Kentucky Agriculture and Environment in the Classroom is searching for two part-time contract Education Program Facilitators for our “Feeding Kentucky: A STEM Adventure” Program, which is a mobile education program that teaches K-5 students about agriculture through interactive presentations and hands-on activities.
- Have a basic understanding of Kentucky agriculture and farming, or willingness to learn. Education experience is a plus.
- Be able to perform a scripted program that is engaging and entertaining. Coordinators must also have the ability to adapt the show when surprises occur.
- Be able to stand/walk for several hours at a time.
- Communicate with school officials, sponsors, and volunteers about program requirements through phone calls and email.
- Work with volunteers to help them provide hands-on activities.
- Assist with marketing the program through mail, phone calls, and electronic media to sell bookings at schools and education programs.
- Have flexibility to provide shows on weekdays. Facilitators will schedule visits to fit into their calendar.
- Use their own vehicle to travel to schools with program materials (fits within a large trunk or back of SUV).
- Be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Coordinators will receive $175 and mileage reimbursement for each school day the program is provided. Peak months are March, April, September, October, and November. Overnight travel may be required, but will be avoided if possible; additional compensation and lodging will be provided. Successful marketing will result in more shows and higher earning potential. Additional program opportunities may become available, such as assisting with educator workshops.
For more information please email Jennifer Elwell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested individuals should send their resume and cover letter to the email address above. A 2- to 5-minute video explaining an agriculture subject to a child audience should also be messaged to our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/teachkyag1 or shared through You Tube or a cloud-based service. Please do not email videos directly.
Application deadline is February 16, 2018.
Program information can be found here: http://www.teachkyag.org/feeding-kentucky-stem.html