The goal of EngAGe Kentucky is to provide conversation-based presentations to secondary (middle and high school) students, post-secondary students, and community groups about agriculture/food production and technologies. Student interns will be required to complete a training workshop and will then be asked to visit classrooms and community groups throughout the 2019 spring and fall semesters. A summer position may also be available to assist with this program as well as other duties for TeachKyAg. These will be paid positions, and credit hours may be available.
- Student interns must be currently enrolled in a Kentucky agriculture, education, or communications program and must have completed at least 30 hours or course work. This includes students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Knowledge of production agriculture is required.
- Student interns must provide their own transportation to workshops and speaking events, but mileage will be reimbursed.
- Student interns must provide their own computer, Internet and data plans and be familiar with Microsoft Office products to complete necessary tasks when they are not giving presentations.
- Student interns must be motivated and able to stick to a flexible work schedule as most all work will be completed at events and at their desired location. Students must also have at least one open day a week during the semester to attend schools and events.
- Student interns must be able to effectively communicate in person and through written correspondence.Teaching, public relations, and marketing experience is also desired.
- Applications must be received by Friday, January 25, 2019.
- Interviews will be scheduled in early February, and interns will be announced by February 15, 2019.
- Selected interns must be able to make one of the following workshops for training: February 22 in Lexington or March 8 in Princeton. Workshop is scheduled between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Selected interns must be available to commit to the program from March 1 through the end of May and again from mid-August to early December.
Apply by filling out the attached application and completing the additional criteria listed on the application.
Questions should be directed to Jennifer Elwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-921-2625.